Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Bridesmaid Dresses! Deal & Steal! Check!

I was in Baltimore last weekend for a friend's Bachelorette party. We had such a great time celebrating the future Mrs and it was great to have some relaxation and fun with the girls.

There are four of us in the friend group who are engaged so we inevitably talk about weddings and where we are in the planning process.  Two of the other girls are getting married a few weeks after I am   and they were talking about getting their bridesmaids to decide on dresses.  I have been looking casually at bridesmaid dresses but wasn't planning on looking more seriously until about May or so.  With my girls all in very different geographic location (WV, VA, MD and CO) it was going to be hard to find a time and place to go so I figured we should try to find a brand of dress that they carried in several stores so we can all try them on.



After my fellow bride to be's mentioned they already found their bridesmaid dresses I figured I should probably get a jump on it.  I came home that Sunday and went to the Donna Morgan website, since most of the dresses I had seen that I liked were hers and I figured I'd start there and then to JCrew if I didn't see anything. I am of course, very budget conscious so I wanted to make sure the dress wasn't too big of burden.   We all know that no matter how desperately we want to find a dress they can wear again, it probably won't happen and most likely the dresses are going to need some sort of alterations which should be considered as well.  Usually when a bridesmaid agrees to be a part of your wedding they understand this and agree to take it on, however I think its our duty as the brides, to be respectful and do the best we can to not go crazy!!!
So anyway, Im on the Donna Morgan website and I see a tab for "sale" so of course I look there first.  And then I see "Final Sale" but Im thinking, there's no way they'll have any dresses in a current color that I'd like. Sure enough, they had "my color"…in a couple of the dresses that I really loved for $35.99!!!! I checked the size availability and it worked for everyone and quickly sent out an email to all the girls.  They were all able to order them and I  CANT wait to see them.

Woohooo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment